Exhibitions Events News and reviews
- Seyhoun Art Gallery, 11, 4th st., Vozara Ave. Tehran 1511717991 Iran Tel : +98 21 88 71 13 05 Telefax : +98 21 88 10 24 22 www.Seyhounartgallery.com AdvertisementsRead More »
- Francis O’Gorman FORGETFULNESS Making the modern culture of amnesia 192pp. Bloomsbury. £14. This is not a book about memory and forgetting, and what those things show us about life. (For …Read More »
- Hyper Real 20 Oct 2017 – 18 Feb 2018 A levitating man, a genetically engineered baby, towering giants – welcome to humanity amplified. From astonishing lifelike sculptures to cutting-edge digital …Read More »
- Good place is no place CHLOË HOUSTON What place does utopia have in 2017? It is now half a millennium since the word was invented by Thomas More as the …Read More »
- The Week’s 8 Best Classical Music Moments on YouTube The New York Times critics and reporters offer a glimpse of what’s moved and delighted them on YouTube. New York Times …Read More »
- Michelangelo Buonarroti (1475–1564), a towering genius in the history of Western art, is the subject of this once-in-a-lifetime exhibition. During his long life, Michelangelo was celebrated for the excellence of …Read More »
News and reviews
241 APPLICATIONS TO PARTICIPATE IN THE 19TH EDITION OF THE PALOMA O’SHEA SANTANDER INTERNATIONAL PIANO COMPETITION
Madrid, November 27th, 2017.- The 19th Paloma O’Shea Santander International Piano Competition, which will take place between July 25th and August 5th next year, has kicked off with an outstanding number of applicants.
After the registration process was closed on November 13th, the competition has a final count of 241 applications from 44 different countries, mostly from Europe –with 116 inscriptions from different nationalities (Austria, Belarus, Cyprus, Czech Republic, France, Georgia, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Italy, Latvia, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, Serbia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden..
See some of the most memorable art of the 20th century at Tate Modern’s comprehensive retrospective of Modigliani’s work.
During his brief and turbulent life Modigliani developed a unique and instantly recognisable pictorial style. Though meeting little success during their time, his emotionally intense portraits and seductive nudes are now among the best-loved paintings of the 20th century.
The Rub of Time: Bellow, Nabokov, Hitchens, Travolta, Trump: Essays and Reportage, 1986-2016,by Martin Amis,Jonathan Cape, 368 pp, £20, ISBN: 978-0224076111
All artists, in a sense, elect their own precursors – declaring themselves for or against this or that canonical idol, promoting (as a rule) those who have proved most useful to their own self-fashioning, and banishing those from whom there is nothing worthwhile to be learned. Novelists in particular are great makers of personal pantheons – although very few novelists have been as consistently frank about their fetishes as Martin Amis....